Monday, February 21, 2011

Social Media and Web 2.0

1.  I do not think that this new "user-generated" televisions shows or advertisements will continue for much longer.  If they do the amount of them will not increase.  I personally would not be able to watch every movie or t.v show I watch in that sort of recording style. It may be personal preference but a commercial here and there is alright but I do not think it will catch on to every t.v show or movie.
2.  The obvious social media site that i find myself on the most is Facebook.  Facebook has really changed the way our generation communicates and shares information.  Facebook is the most successful media site because they were able to take all the different media sites such as yahoo, flickr, twitter and much more and put it all in one.  You are able to send messages which are similar to emails, share photos, share statuses and instant message all on one site.  Why should we use 4 different sites to do all of this when we can use Facebook to do it all?  Facebook also took on the ability to share music which is what Myspace is used for now.  I think myspace was outed by Facebook for that exact reason.  Facebook is also a lot more simple where as Myspace was more for a "homepage" where you can personalize it.  I don't see Facebook going anywhere because of all it has to offer.  I also use Twitter to follow celebrities I am interested in or even some stores who promote sales and coupons through their Twitter accounts.  I have always been against putting up a status on Facebook, for some reason, but that is all Twitter really is.  I feel Twitter is a more appropriate place to add status' because that is the sole purpose for Twitter.  Sometimes I get annoyed with people's status' on Facebook, because in a way, I don't care.  I don't go on Facebook to see what everyone is doing that second, I like to stay connected with my friends who go to school far away and share pictures but to know what people are doing every second gets very obnoxious.
3.  The concept of transparency is a fuzzy issue.  Receiving money to tweet or blog is where the complications come in.  Your accountability or credibility over a certain subject will lessen if you were to be getting paid to tweet something nice about a certain company or product etc.  I do not fully grasp the concept of transparency yet, but will add my personal ideas after researching more in depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment